The "Reigning Queen" of bollywood, Deepika Padukone turns 30 as she celebrates her birthday today January 5, 2016.
Here we take a look at the 10 high points of the vivacious beauty's career which propelled her to that level of fame which many other actresses of her age only dream of achieving.
1. Liril Girl - In 2004, Deepika made her debut on the small screen as the "Liril Girl", a brand which had already made the fortunes of actresses like Preity Zinta, Pooja Batra and Tara Sharma at the time. This was obviously the first ladder of success which she climbed early on in her career when she was only 18 years old.
2. Kingfisher Calender 2006 - As already mentioned above, Liril was only the first step of success in Dippy's career as more bigger projects were waiting in the pipeline for the doe-eyed beauty. In 2006, Deepika caught everyone's attention when she modelled for the world renowned Kingfisher Calender. Even high profile fashion designer Wendell Rodricks had this to say about Dippy, "Since Aishwarya Rai, we haven't had a girl as beautiful and fresh."
3. Himesh Reshammiya's "Naam Hai Tera" music video - Deepika's appearance in Himesh Reshammiya's 2007 music video "Naam Hai Tera" was apparently the final step of success for her as this appearance was her dream ticket for entering the "Fantasy World" known as bollywood. It is her appearance in this music video which caught the attention of filmmaker Farah Khan and she immediately cast Dippy opposite Shah Rukh Khan in the 2007 film 'Om Shanti Om' which was Deepika's debut bollywood film.
4. Success with debut film - Deepika surely did not let Farah Khan down as 'Om Shanti Om' proved to be a blockbuster upon release and also fetched the superstar of tomorrow, Deepika her Filmfare Award for best female debut.
5. Appearance on 'Koffee With Karan' - Post her breakup with beau Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika made an appearance on an episode of Karan Johar's popular chat show 'Koffee With Karan' where she took a shot at her ex-boyfriend and exclaimed, "I think he needs to work on his boyfriend skills a bit."
6. Confession about dealing with depression - While most celebrities choose to keep their personal lives in the closet, Deepika was one of the very few and first celebrities who rather chose to openly confess about her problems with depression. "I didn't know where to go, I didn't know what to do and I had these bouts of feeling so low that I would just start crying at the drop of the hat." she said.
7. "Cleavagegate" incident - In 2014, Deepika became the centerstage of everyone's attraction as a leading publication posted a picture of the actress which revealed her cleavage with the caption, "OMG: Deepika Padukone's cleavage show." Following this incident, the outspoken actress instantly lashed out at the media and went on to show them their rightful place.
8. "My Choice" video - Courtesy of an internet troll with this line, "to have sex outside marriage…" Deepika went on to appear in the music video "My Choice" where she took the brunt of the blame but maintained her dignity too at the same time. She said, "Mixed reactions did not bother me. It was a bit disappointing to know that certain lines were pulled out of context and blown completely out of proportion and we missed the larger point that the film was trying to make… And then in the process accusing me endorsing infidelity, I found that a bit silly, honestly."
9. Highly publicised relationships - Deepika Padukone is well known for her high profile off-screen relationships. Although her previous two relationships, one with Ranbir Kapoor and the other one being with Siddharth Mallya failed, her current affair with heartthrob Ranveer Singh is rock steady. Ranveer's joy nowadays knows no bounds and he chose to openly confess about it saying, "I love being in a relationship. It’s the best thing ever. My whole thought process has changed. My priorities have changed. My mind — set, my outlook, my worldview — everything is changing. M**********r!! I must be growing up."
10. Appearance with hollywood icon Vin Diesel - In 2014, there were reports of Deepika turning down a role in hollywood film 'Furious 7' opposite hollywood icon Vin Diesel, due to her prior commitment for her film 'Ram-Leela'. But Lady Luck seems to be smiling yet again upon the actress as yet again there are reports of her being cast in the latest installment of hollywood franchise 'XXX'.